Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Return - Romania

In less than 24 hours I return to Romania for an 8-day trip. This time, I will not escape Bucharest but will instead immerse myself fully in the project and work within that city that finds itself deep within an early adolescence.
So many of you have asked about the blog, so I am attempting a renewal with this trip in the hopes to reinvigorate some of my thinking/creativity around this form.
With a clean bill of health handed just six weeks ago in a visit to Dr. H at Mayo, I climb on the plane to Romania with a no different step than the one used before, but perhaps with considerably more knowledge about the wayward winds of life and a sureness that cannot easily be stolen.
I am trying new wings, in more ways than one, and life seems to respond with the winds that lift me to the heights necessary for my passion, learning, and interest. The world of possibilities has opened, including exploration of starting a PhD, more potential travel (including the continent of Africa), and a life free of cancer for the first time in a very long time. I still have not awakened to the fullness of the possibilities. Dare I dream of the possibilities? Perhaps I should take the risk...
I will fill you in on my adventures within Romania as I am able. With Alex/Paul/Ioana at the helm, I am certain to be filled with opportunities not already imagined. For those of you that read my blog in June/July 2006, you understand the grip that Romania holds on me. I will try to return the favor with the laying out of commentary on the recent country developments as well as an exploration of my thoughts/feelings about the media landscape and the potential to reform the thinking about mental health issues that the country holds so freely in its hands.
Until then - be well - and I will catch up with you once my feet have hit firmly on the other side.
--RGP