The waitress now knows my order before I ask and smiles in pleasure at my delight when she makes it for me. She knows a re-order will soon come.This trip I am a little more careful. After a run-in with some meat early on, I am living on cheese and bread and the plain egg omlette my coffee-baring waitress makes for me each morning. Safe, but safe is good in this case.
The traffic-clogged, eastern streets of Bucharest are exploding with the population growth. It is now faster to walk than to taxi or take the bus. I walk 45 min. one way to the training site each day and then 45 min. back. This doesn't include runs to shops, cafes or errands. Cars are parked all over sidewalks, the evidence of people abandoning the auto
for the faster pace of walking. I finally believed this was the reason behind the autos blocking the walking paths when Paul, my fellow, told me his car was parked 7K away on a sidewalk and he hoped he could remember where he parked this time. I think I have yet to see obesity here.The training is exceeding my expectations - in fact, if I have to be honest, they have exceeded the one I developed for the States. There is something to be said about the true passion of a revoluationary. And indeed, the people leading this training are the very heart and soul of revolutionaries. The journalists in attendance, most non-English speaking, are coming from the countryside, rural-areas and mid-tier markets. With all expenses paid, I can't help but think what an opportunity this provides for some. Perhaps, a change in thinking for most, I hope.
Tonight, we have tickets to attend a human rights rock concert in the university square in central Bucharest. It is sure to be a highlight.
I head out to walk to the training shortly, but certainly not until I down my second cup of this amazing coffee.
