We leave on Friday afternoon for Romania, and my head is swimming with my "to do" list that must be done before leaving. When Thom told me that Cynthia his wife was taking care of a lot of his preps, I told him that I need a "wife," -- and I am feeling it the most tonight as I carry bags from Target, hit the dry cleaners and come home to a house that needs cleaning. We both joined in the laugh.
The agenda is "finalized" and I'm pinching myself at our success in getting to the decision-makers. We will be meeting with the US Ambassador, the Minister of Health and his advisors, the EU Advisors on Health, and a host of other characters. Living up to the political game, the Secretary of State took one for the team this morning and was ousted in order to prove to the EU the President's seriousness over the health system crisis. So, we have an extra slot where he stood in our agenda and given the volatility of the current climate I've been warned that he may not be the last. In my personal financial mentoring sessions we have been working on my ability to tolerate rapid change, uncontrollable situations, and spontaneity (after all, the market doesn't always play by the rules :). I have a perfect playing field on which to try out my newly developing skills.
As I pack to leave, I am realizing that this is my first international trip without a family member. My brother and sister have gone way before me in this area. In fact Roger is getting ready to leave for three weeks of vacation in Nicaragua, Panama, Belize, Costa Rica, and Honduras. He's become a travel aficionado -- I have a lot of catching up to do! No wonder my knees are knocking.
I will try to post often while in Romania and look forward to the moments at the keyboard when I can reflect on the day's happenings. As for now, I have a house to clean and oh! - I'm speaking in Toastmasters tomorrow and haven't written or practiced word one!
