Zooming up to the 51st floor of the Georgia Pacific building in an elevator, I always find myself scratching my head wondering how I land myself in these events. An all-day meeting Monday with Commissioners, Corrections, and Mental Health advocates. Hardly did I realize in my effort to get seated in this crowded boardroom that I would find myself planted right next to our dear Governor of the great state of Georgia. This position provided me with a great view of his cowboy boots that he proudly sported with his business suit. Admittedly, I was very pleased that he took us seriously and agreed to support mental health system transformation efforts, but I have to say, those words were met with even more satisfaction when they came from a man wearing cowboy boots! There is just something about that.
On a sidenote, I have been repeatedly playing Bon Jovi's new CD "Lost Highway" in my car. Track #3 "(You Want To) Make A Memory" couldn't possibly be better, and I have to say, my boys have grown up! The duet between Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora has a the most impressive cadence and when Jon Bon Jovi belts it out on the second chorus, look out Andrea Bocelli! Kind of odd comparing the two -- but Jon has definitely had classical training! Wow!
