Monday, March 26, 2007

A Weekend of Perfect "10s"

It has been some time since I did a top 10 list and this past weekend filled with perfect "10s" is begging for the counting. Conversations about global warming aside, the weekend was in the 80s and almost hit 90 with sun exploding everywhere. My body jumped into action and I found every possible opportunity to spend time with friends and bask in the glow of an early summer. :)

Here is my top 10 list of perfect 10s from the weekend:

10. Having my first ice cream cone of the season (since last summer for that matter). Bruster's Double Chocolate Raspberry Truffle is just what the doctor ordered!

9. Spending every possible moment basking in the sun on patios with friends.

8. Shedding the old burgundy nail polish with the crisp chill of winter and breaking into hot pink with a fresh manicure/pedicure. Ever the girl - aren't I?

7. Banana Republic having drastic spring sales on adorable ruffled linens that make my soul sing! (not to mention the size was a nice surprise! :)

6. Red peppers sauteed with Muir Glen's Fire Roasted Red Pepper marinara - a perfect homemade pasta perfected even more by Christiane and Cheryl.

5. Being pampered by Kevin as my locks were darkened and my layers kicked into a flirty flip.

4. Celebrating Greek Independence Day with friends and sinking our teeth into tzatziki, skordalia, taramosalata, melitzanosalata, revithosalata, htipiti, and kefalograviera. http://www.avragreektavern.com/

3. Hearing the tale of my spunky 12 y/o Abby teaching a chipmunk who is boss - she still is resting from the adventure, I'm sure.

2. Doing the Atlanta Women's 5K in Inman Park Saturday morning. My first race since I was sick 5 years ago, and all the joy it brings me washed over and intoxicated me once again. I am ready to start running and meet with a trainer on Wed.

1. Six more months of warm, sunny weather!

I am heading to NYC on business later this week and can only hope I will bring the sunny, warm weather with me.